Forms and Applications

Navigating the Process: A Guide to the Borough of Haddonfield's Construction/Zoning/Planning Permit Applications


The Borough of Haddonfield DOES NOT accept electronic payment for permit application fees. Cash and checks are both accepted. Checks should be made payable to The Borough of Haddonfield.

Construction Permits

UCC Building Subcode Technical         •UCC Electrical Subcode Technical        •UCC Plumbing Subcode Technical  
•UCC Mechanical Subcode Technical   •UCC Elevator Subcode Technical          •UCC Fire Subcode Technical       
Framing Checklist                                 •Construction Permit Jacket                   Air Barrier & Insulation Checklist  
UCC Application for Variation               •UCC Application for Certificate             Chimney Certification 
Energy Efficiency Certificate 

Please note that Zoning Permits and Construction Permits cannot be submitted at the same time.  Construction Permits will not be accepted unless Zoning Approval has already been granted.

The following items must be submitted with the construction permit for new houses or additions.  Incomplete construction permit applications will not be accepted.

Affordable Housing Development Fee Form (aka FSH / Fair Share Housing)
First payment due at time of construction permit submission.
Second payment due before scheduling final inspections.
Third payment will be billed to property owner after Haddonfield's Tax Assesor has reassessed property once the construction permit has been closed.
The form provides additional information.

Pre-Construction Video Requirements & Form   
A Pre-Construction Video is required for whole house demolitions, new house construction, additions and any project that will require the use of a backhoe, tractor or other similar equipment; or will require the placement of a dumpster at the property. 
If you are unsure if your construction project requires this form, please contact the Construction & Zoning Office.

Tree Protection Certification Form
Complete and sign the applicable section.

Tree Protection Policy 
The mission of the Haddonfield Shade Tree Commission is to provide safe town trees while replacing, maintaining and preserving existing Borough trees and overall tree canopy. Unless a tree is unsafe, sick or dying it will not be removed. The community is best served and town budget expenses are reduced by maintaining existing mature trees rather than removing and replacing them without just cause. New trees are chosen for their historical longevity, disease resistance, growth characteristics and beauty.

New Home &/OR Addition Occupancy Agreement
This agreement states that no new building or addition shall be occupied or used without all final inspections and a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) being issued by the Construction Office.
This agreement must be signed by the home owner and included with the construction permit submission.  Construction permit will not be released and work cannot begin without this signed agreement.


Green Development Checklist
In 2013, the Borough of Haddonfield adopted a resolution to implement a Green Building Policy that will consider opportunities to incorporate green building measures into the design, construction, operation and maintenance of municipal buildings and facilities and will encourage green design for commercial and residential buildings. The purpose of this resolution is to enhance the public welfare and to assure that commercial, residential and civic development is consistent with the Borough's desire to create a more sustainable community.

Required Inspections for UCC Permits 

Haddonfield Borough Construction Fee Schedule 

• for the Uniform Construction Code Forms.

Dumpster/Pod Permit (to be submitted to the Haddonfield Police Department.  Can also be done online)

Zoning & Planning Permits
Seasonal High Water Test Procedure              Escrow Release Form

Property Surveys:

The Construction and Community Development Office does not keep property surveys on file. Homeowners usually receive a survey at the time of closing. 
If you do not have a copy of your survey you can contact your mortgage company to request one or hire a survey company to have a new one created.

Outdoor Dining, Outdoor Merchandise Display, and Outdoor Marketing Graphic Display permits must be renewed each calendar year.  Renewal applications MUST include a copy of the insurance form listing the Borough of Haddonfield as a certificate holder.  If any changes are made, a new application must be submitted, reviewed, and approved.

Please note, a business can apply for either an Outdoor Marketing Graphic Display (A-frame sign) OR an Outdoor Merchancise Display but not both.