Losing a pet is a nerve-wracking experience! The best way to find your pet, however, is to act quickly.

#1     Contact the Haddonfield Police Department to let them know that your pet is missing and to ask if they have received any reports of your animal.  They can be contacted at 856-429-4700, ext. 250, Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

A high percentage of the calls received at Independent Animal Care come directly from Police Departments.  Therefore, there is a possibility that the police could be holding your animal while waiting for Independent Animal Care to respond.

#2 If the Police Department does not have your animal, or have any information on your animal, which is always a possibility, then call Independent Animal Care, the Borough's contracted Animal Control Officer, at 856-718-0305. During regular business hours they are on patrol in the towns they have contracts with and may have picked up your furry friend.  All the will be doing is transporting your pet to the animal shelter that the Borough has contracted with (Voorhees Animal Orphanage).

If your pet goes missing after regular business hours, you can also report the missing fur friend on Independent Animal Care’s website using their “contact us” page, be sure to include a picture of your pet. 

#3 If you still have not found your lost pet after contacting both the Police Department and Independent Animal Care, you are going to want to contact our contracted animal shelter, Voorhees Animal Orphanage (VAO), at 856-627-9111 and ask to make a lost pet report.  You can also email your information to lost@vaonj.org and include a picture of your pet.

Visit the shelter to look for your pet in person.  More than a thousand animals pass through VAO’s doors each year, so it is important to visit on a regular basis if your pet is missing.

It is also a good idea to check with other shelters in the area that may take in stray animals in your area.  Click here for a list of other shelters in this area, which does not include rescue groups.  Please check online for how to contact any local recue groups.

Also, look for your pet on the Pet Posting page for a matching listing.  This page is a shared database of lost/found pet reported to Animal Welfare Association, Animal Adoption Center, Camden County Aminal Shelter and Voorhees Animal Orphanage.